The Theological Faculty of Sicily “San Giovanni Evangelista” is located in the premises of the ancient Archbishop’s Seminary of Palermo.The construction of the building was begun in 1583 in rooms adjacent to the Archbishop’s Palace and completed in 1591, but underwent numerous interventions in later periods. The first expansion works were carried out in 1626. In 1741 the second floor was built and the façade was unified with that of the Archbishop’s Palace. On the main facade is the balcony created by the sculptor Valerio Villareale in 1840-41; the supports are carved with portraits of well-known Sicilian artists of the 18th century. The well-balanced internal courtyard dates back to the original building.